10. I just got here.
9. I’ve been spending most of the evening with my students.
8. I’m dancing mostly with a friend who’s here from out of town.
7. I’m saving the best for last.
6. Ann asked me to help a friend of hers get started in salsa tonight.
5. I’m not wearing my contacts so I didn’t see you all the way across the room.
4. Every time I came to ask you for a dance, someone else beat me to it.
3. You’re getting so good, I didn’t think you wanted to dance with me anymore.
2. I thought you were dancing with a new boyfriend and I didn’t want to interfere.
And the No.1 reason why I didn’t ask earlier for a dance:
1. We look so good dancing together, people are starting to talk.