Top Ten Ways to be Polite When Asking for a Dance.
- Politely ask the lady for a dance; May I have the pleasure, would you like to dance, may I have the next dance?
- Not polite to just grab or take hold of a lady’s hand and lead her to the dance floor, no matter how confident you are that she loves to dance with you.
- If the lady turns down your request, take it like a man, don’t complain but wish her a great evening.
- Not polite to rush ahead of others to ask for the dance.
- It’s fine to ask for a second dance, but be polite and don’t continue to hold onto the lady while you ask.
- If both partners have an agreement that they prefer to dance with each other all evening, it’s best that they set aside some time to dance with others as well.
- If a lady turns you down twice the same evening for a dance, good bet that she doesn’t want to dance with you.
- Be polite and let the lady finish the conversation with her previous partner before you interrupt and ask for the next dance.
- Be polite and don’t quickly runoff after a dance to ask another partner for the next dance.
- If you ask for the dance at the same time with another lead, know that you can score some points by happily giving the dance to the other lead.
- P.S. I myself, in the past, have violated more than half of these items. But I believe we can all add to the dancing experience by being more polite and by adhering to good etiquette.
This entry was posted in Salsa Dance Etiquette
and tagged dancing
. Bookmark the permalink